7 Best Home Cures For Swollen Feet and Ankles
If you suffer from swollen feet and ankles, there are a number of natural remedies that can help get reduce the swelling. Known as edema, swelling of the feet, ankles and legs are quite common. This swelling comes from too much fluid in the muscles. The fluid buildup can be a result of weight increase, pregnancy, weaknesses of the leg veins, heart or kidney problems and even lymphatic drainage problems.
Other causes of swollen feet could be foot infection, nervous system problems, fractures or leg or foot injuries. Usually, this swelling comes with horrible pain, and you want to relieve it, as quickly as possible.
If you suffer from edema, try these home remedies to reduce the swelling naturally:
Best Home Cures For Swollen Feet and Ankles
These natural remedies will help you get rid of foot swelling and cure painful swollen feet and ankles.
1. First, simply try soaking your feet in cold water for about 15 minutes. This should provide immediate relief, and will reduce swelling quickly. Or, try soaking your feet in warm saline water for at least 15 minutes. This will also reduce feet swelling and relax your muscles. The warm water acts as a balm, soothing the pain and relaxing you.
2. One home remedy that you can drink is barley water. For years, this has been reported as an extremely effective way to reduce the swelling of feet caused by pregnancy. Drink barley water throughout the day and notice quick results. (http://www.sistertosister.org/)
3. Another home remedy is coriander. Boil 6 tablespoons of coriander seeds in 4 cups of water. Boil until the mixture is reduced by half and then allow it to cool. You will need to add a bit cooler water in order for the mixture to cover your feet. Soak your feet in this water for about 15 minutes and it should reduce both the swelling and the pain.
4. Massage is another great way to remove the swelling. Use warm mustard oil and knead it you’re your feet for about 5 minutes per foot.
5. Apple cider vinegar seems to be a cure all, and in this case, it helps to remove fluid that the body has retained. Soak your feet in a solution that is half water and half apple cider vinegar. You can also apply the apple cider vinegar directly to your swollen feet, massaging it in. (http://www.progressivehealth.com/)
6. Eating garlic, or taking garlic oil capsules, daily can also reduce foot and ankle swelling. Add garlic to your meals or simply take the supplements. You should find that the swelling is reduced quickly.
7. Cut back on salt. Excess salt in the diet can actually contribute to fluid retention, so watch your sodium intake. Stop eating processed foods, and keep track of how much salt you use in cooking. A low carbohydrate diet can help your body rid itself of excess fluid, too.
Try these natural remedies to help you get rid of swollen feet and ankles naturally. If swelling persists, or is accompanied by too much pain or shortness of breath, be sure to consult a doctor.
By Alex Jordon
Posted Friday, October 10, 2014
More Natural Home Remedies, Read
Smart Ways to Use Figs As A Natural Remedy
15 Herbs That Can Do Magic To Your Health
The 4 Best Herbal Cleaning Recipes You Should Try